Data Subject shall mean any identified or identifiable natural person, whose Personal Data is processed by the controller responsible for the Processing.
Personal Data shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
3. Personal Data and Processing Purpose
4. Legal Basis for Processing
We rely on the following legal grounds for Processing of your Personal Data.
- (1) If you have given your consent to the Processing of Personal Data for specific purposes, the legal basis for Processing of Personal Data is Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that the withdrawal is only effective for the future and Processing based on consent before such withdrawal is not affected. Please contact us as stated in Section 8 below to withdraw your consent.
- (2) Processing of Personal Data in the context of the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps prior to entering a contract at your request is based on Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
- (3) If Processing of Personal Data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR serves as a legal basis.
- (4) If Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by MinebeaMitsumi or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of Personal Data, Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for Processing.
The provision of your Personal Data is not required by a statutory or contractual obligation. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary for you.
5. Rights of the Data Subject
If your Personal Data is being processed, you are the Data Subject pursuant to the GDPR and you have the following rights:
(1) Right of access (Article 15 GDPR)
You have a right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning yourself is being processed. If this is the case, you can request us to give you access to the information provided for by law. This access includes the purposes of the Processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
(2) Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
You have a right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning yourself. Taking into account the purposes of the Processing, the Data Subject shall have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
(3) Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR)
If applicable, you have a right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning yourself and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Data.
(4) Right to restriction of Processing (Article 18 GDPR)
If applicable, you have a right to obtain from us restriction of Processing your Personal Data. In such case, the corresponding Personal Data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
(5) Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
You have a right to receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
(6) Right to object (Article 21 GDPR)
You have a right to object at any time to the Processing of your Personal Data that is based on Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
6. Data Erasure and Retention Period
We process and store your Personal Data as long as this is necessary to satisfy the respective purpose. In addition, such storage may take place in order to comply with applicable legal obligations. If the data is no longer necessary or if a retention period prescribed by applicable law has expired, your Personal Data will be erased on a regular basis.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
We may transfer your Personal Data to our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are located inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to the extent necessary for processing purposes described above.
In the event of transfers to our subsidiaries and affiliates located in the countries outside EEA, such countries do not have same data protection laws as GDPR.
However, we will ensure that adequate measures are taken concerning protection of your Personal Data.
For information regarding our subsidiaries and affiliates, please refer to the following link:
8. Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the controller can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Established: 16th day of September, 2021