- Safety confirmation test shall be conducted on the below-mentioned 1) and 2) items.
Consider adding protection devices such as a fuse, a protection circuit or other devices to the motor.
- Toward the end of motor life or unexpected failure in motor, commutator slit short or short between brush and frame might occur. Then short current might flow into power supply of the set.
- When motor shaft is locked or continuous over-load while motor is electrical conducting, excessive heat might generate and burn motor parts.
- For proper operation, storage and operating environment should not contain corrosive gases - e.g. H2S, SO2, NO2, CL2 and etc. In addition storage environment should not have materials that emit corrosive gases especially from silicon, cyanic formalin and phenol group. In a mechanism or a set, existence of corrosive gases may cause no rotation in motor.
- In case, a mounting screw is longer than our recommended length, the screw may touch and damage a rotor. Motor will not be able to perform. Suitable screw length should be used for mounting motor to the chassis. The recommended screw length is indicated in the construction drawing on this specification. And good flatness matching between a chassis and a motor should be used. In case a screw tightening surface is not flat, motor jam might be occur.
- Ultrasonic welding for motor mounting may damage motor and control circuit due to its vibration.
- When impedance is connected series to the motor, reliability of motor may be affected. Please avoid using impedance. If necessary, minimize the impedance value and confirm reliability of the motor under that condition.
- Load Used
- Screwing Type
Do not use a large screw that will cause unbalance to a motor. Motor vibration may be enlarged by balance motor rotation and cause motor failure.
- Adhesive Type
Do not let adhesive material overflow motor bearing. Overflowed adhesive may cause motor shaft locked and motor caused no rotation.
- Force Insert Type
Do not exert over load to the motor. Overload may cause a shaft deformed or a shaft support broken. Motor might not rotate. Proper force is indicated in the construction drawing in this specification.
- Do not dismantle motor, and do not apply any shock to a motor. Shock may cause stress mark on bearing metal.
- Confirm the matching and reliability of motor on actual set or unit application. This include confirmation on set or unit life, electrical noise, mechanical noise, vibration, static electricity, electric power noise, drift electric resonance between motor and control circuit, mechanical resonance between motor and chassis, irregular movement of set due to motor noise, irregular movement of set in strong electromagnetic field, damaged by lightning surge, earthing method and etc.
- When high inertia fan, turntable or pulley is attached to motor shaft directly, motor reliability and characteristics may be affected. Confirmation on the actual set is needed.
- In case of low or no side pressure to the motor shaft, clearance noise between shaft and bearing may occur. Confirmation on actual set is needed.